Monday, December 13, 2010

Interfaith...

I went to a lecture given by Karla Suomala, a Luther religion professor. This was about the recent research and inquiries she had done with interfaith. Last year was a very exciting year because Eboo Patel came to Luther to speak about his book, Acts of Faith, that was being read for Paideia. He was such a strong and inspirational speaker that it sparked many ideas about how Luther could get an interfaith group going. Professor Suomala actually got in contact with Eboo and his interfaith organization and started working with them to do case studies dealing with interfaith on college campuses. This was such an interesting lecture for me because I am part of the newly formed interfaith association on campus. The reason why I joined our interfaith group is because I enjoyed reading his book and thought that his mission was so powerful and poignant. I also needed some way to express my beliefs and my religion. I do not feel that the services here connect me with God the way that I want to be. During her lecture we looked at a couple case studies that she had done. They definitely brought up some thought provoking questions. I feel strongly about interfaith because I truly believe that if we all just learned to respect each other and the fact that we are all different, then this world would be such a better and peaceful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment